We discussed our involvement in local campaigns - the save the NHS campaign in Walsall and the campaign against Council service cuts in Birmingham. We have been participating in these campaigns and also raising IOPS ideas within them. One member had given a talk at the Trades Council in Walsall, which was well received. We agreed it would be good to have a leaflet about IOPS to hand out at such events.
We also discussed our proposal to host a national IOPS meeting in Birmingham in the spring. We agreed Saturday 6th April as a provisional date. Ideally every chapter in the UK will send delegates, with female delegates getting priority if chapters can only afford to send one. Potential topics for discussion include the Founding Convention, political discussions and local caucuses. We will ask people to send us other ideas for the agenda.
- Look into possible venues for the national meeting - Tom
- Create a national meeting event on the IOPS site - Mark
- Speak to Preeti about ordering copies of Fanfare for the Future - Stephen
- Look into producing an extended leaflet about IOPS to hand out at events - Tom
- Next chapter meeting: Tuesday 5th February, 7pm