The people listed below have constituted an IOPS Interim Consultative Committee available for decisions about interim choices.
- All Decision proposals go to the ICC - sent to all ICC members by any other ICC member.
- As in the past, these are kept to matters that are truly essential or highly desirable to resolve before a convention, and kept to a minimum.
- Any proposals for decision that are uncontroversial, as evidenced by overwhelming ICC agreement as well as obviousness, in their eyes, that the same unity would characterize the whole membership - are decided, as in the past, by the ICC - of course consistently with IOPS commitments.
- Any ICC-determined truly essential to address proposals that turn out to be controversial, as evidenced by prior debate among members or by ample differences of view among the ICC, are turned into polls for all members to register preferences about all key aspects.
- After a decision related poll is complete - running for a month - the ICC formulates, in light of the results, an uncontroversial compromise solution/proposal for each feature that the ICC believes will appeal to all. That proposal is pitted against the most popular position for each feature as revealed by the earlier poll, in a final run-off election. The winning stance is decided.
The logic is a belief that serious deicsions must await more members, more experience with chapters and program, and more methodology suited to self management - where the latter will be set by a founding convention. The ICC, in other words, is, as the name implies, interim, not optimal, not a model for the future, but suitable for the current moment. Read more about the early role of the interim committee. See reports of past ICC Proposals and votes.